Roots, Rocks, Reggae with Bully Boy Distillers
It was an incredible night of Root Vegetables, Drinks on the Rocks and Reggae Music on a Monday night 30 Miles out to sea in December.
There was eating, there was dancing, there was drinking and there was one heck of a mix of Nantucketers.
How this happened:
- The 100 Mile Makers Team decides they want to do a night that gives us all inspiration for eating seasonally.
- Then they realized eating seasonally in December involves a lot of root vegetables which may not exactly be the excuse to get out of the house people are looking for
- So they decide they might need some music because who doesn't love a dance party
- And if there's dancing there might need to be a little booze
- And if there is food, dancing and drinks then we need some help
- So in comes Atlas Restaurant for the space, Bully Boy Distillers for the booze, the Nantucket Coastal Conservancy for the extra hands, Leah Mojer with the inspired menu and Tracy Daily for the cocktail-ready tasting cups.
- And lastly, throw in about 50 locals looking to cause some trouble on a Monday night where trouble comes in the form of eating seasonally and drinking locally.
How it all went down:
We had the producers.
We had the food.